• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

SYSTEM FREEZES, PC TURNS OFF AND ON BY ITSELF

WaldirJr

WaldirJr

Tech Intern
Reaction score
2024-09-27_160532.png
Hello, I'm new to the forum and would really like some tips to help me solve the problem that's been occurring on my computer. Recently, my GA-H61M-D1 (rev. 1.0) motherboard started having problems and I bought a GA-B75M-HD3 (rev. 1.0) model, but when I put my i5 3570 processor in it, some problems with it freezing up started. For example, I turn on the PC and I'm using it normally, and suddenly the mouse freezes, the keyboard is disabled, and the PC turns off and on again automatically. Because I thought that the processor could also have given problems and not just the motherboard, I decided to put an i3 to test and the problems stopped, but I really wanted to be sure that my i5 3570 is having problems so I can buy another one, but what is strange to me is that it takes a few hours for the failures to occur, even 2, 3 days, but they always occur. Could it really be a problem with the processor? I've already done stress tests and they're ok/RAM memory ok, power supply ok, total hardware temperatures ok, HDD's and SSD's ok, anyway, everything is working fine, but I'm having this problem, and at the moment the blame falls on the processor, but could it not be a configuration in the BIOS setup that I need to do, which I don't believe, but... any help is welcome.